Lisa Haneberg who writes 4 blogs - Management Craft, 2 Weeks 2 a Breakthrough, Chile Pepper High, and Essay a Smile has a great style of writing....she thinks its laconic....but I say its not tooooo wordy :) but just right. Although I do like Ayn Rand who does get very non-laconic in her writing which i do like to indulge once in a while. Lisa is a a small business owner of Haneberg Management, and the author of H.I.M.M.: (High Impact Middle Management): Solutions for Today's Busy Managers, Organization Development Basics, Coaching Basics,Focus Like a Laser Beam and several short e-books.
Here are her 10 ways to create your own luck !
10. Get real. If you are on a computer, surfing the net, and reading blogs, you have a lot to feel lucky about. Your life is great already.
9. Determine who you should know. They say it’s not what you know but who you know. So get to know the right people!
8. Be more observant. Luck is all around you.
7. Take a chance every now and then. S-t-r-e-t-c-h yourself.
6. Do your research. Master a topic so that your brain can get into the nitty gritty of the inner workings where the tiniest of advantages can be discovered and utilized.
5. Say you are lucky and you are (Pygmalion).
4. Be more curious and ask lots of open ended questions that open doorways to new conversations and opportunities.
3. Notice the habits and disciplines of lucky people around you. Learn from what they do.
2. Share your dreams until you are blue in the face due to lack of oxygen.
1. Play more to win more (in life that is, I am not advocating gambling).